The word “curry” just means spice. There are thousands of types of curry (and so little time to try them all!). This recipe takes me about 20 minutes to prepare, and then 45 to cook. You can start the rice after you get the curry going.
- Either 1.5 lbs. of steak, cubed OR chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups red potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 13.5 oz. can Chaokoh Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoons Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
In a large pot, brown the meat in the oil on medium high. Add the vegetables and stir occasionally until onion is translucent.
Add all the rest of the ingredients, stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook covered for 45 minutes, or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
Serve over white rice.
- This is already gluten free
- If you want to make it Paleo, use sweet potatoes instead of the red potatoes, and leave out the sugar
- Don’t like spicy? Leave out the crushed red pepper. The rest of the ingredients are mild
3 thoughts on “Peanut Curry”
This looks delicious and I’m looking forward to making it!
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.
Flavors in this dish must be amazing!