This is super duper easy to make, and tastes so much better than the store-bought stuff!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 15 oz. can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari
- 1/4 cup cool water
- Salt to taste
- Combine the oil, garlic, and cumin in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium until garlic is soft but not browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until uniform.
- Serve topped with more olive oil, and a dash of Paprika if you like. I enjoy it with warm pita bread.
This is still my favorite potato salad recipe. Super simple and easy to make, and is so much better tasting than the pre-packaged stuff.
- 4 cups red potatoes, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 5 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonaisse
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika for garnish
Boil the potatoes until fork tender, drain, and rinse with cold water.
Separate the yolk from the egg whites. Mash the yolks up, and add the mayo and mustard. Chop up the egg whites and add them to the mix. Add the potatoes, onion, and salt and pepper and stir to combine. Sprinkle with the paprika.
This is a wonderful recipe here on Allrecipes.com. It’s so much better than the boxed stuff, and takes the same amount of time as making a regular pot of rice too. Use your own favorite salsa; I haven’t found a bad one yet.