This is super duper easy to make, and tastes so much better than the store-bought stuff!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 15 oz. can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari
- 1/4 cup cool water
- Salt to taste
- Combine the oil, garlic, and cumin in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium until garlic is soft but not browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until uniform.
- Serve topped with more olive oil, and a dash of Paprika if you like. I enjoy it with warm pita bread.