This might be the first dinner recipe I ever learned to make. My version has evolved over the years to include sherry and Italian Seasoning. You can use any kind of pasta you like. In the photos you can see that I used linguine and fettuccine, because I was out of spaghetti noodles.
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean Natural Pork Sausage
- 16 oz spaghetti (or your favorite pasta variety)
- 26 oz Blue Parrot Spaghetti Sauce (or your favorite variety)
- 1/3 cup Sherry
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add salt and olive oil. Add the pasta and cook to your preference; I prefer al dente. Drain the pasta in a colander.
Brown the sausage in a large saucepan. Add the sherry and reduce. Add the spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning. Cover and simmer over low for at least 5 minutes, or as long as you like.
Serve sauce over the pasta.
- Serve with: garlic bread, Parmesan and a salad
- Gluten free: just change the noodles