Making your own granola is really easy, and tastes so much better than store-bought.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 6 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup dried unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup dried fruit, diced (apricots, dates, raisins and apples all work well)
Preheat oven to 300°.
In a roasting pan, heat the coconut oil until melted. Add all ingredients except the dried fruit, and stir to combine.
Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, and stir in the dried fruit. Cool for 30 minutes before storing.
- This will keep at room temperature for a month and 3 months in the fridge.
- Makes an awesome ice cream topper.