These go with just about any egg dish. We have them almost every weekend. It takes a while to prepare, since it’s slow to get fresh potatoes cooked through and then perfectly crunchy, but it’s worth the wait.
- 4 cups red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- dollop of sour cream for each plate
- salt and pepper to taste
Cut the potatoes into similarly sized wedges. Put the potatoes into a large frying pan and cover with water. Bring to boil, and simmer for 10 minutes or until fork tender.
Drain the water from the potatoes, and put the pan with the potatoes back on the element to dry out in the heat. Once dry, add the butter and fry for about 10 minutes, or until browned.
Add all of the seasonings to the potatoes and stir to combine. Serve with the sour cream.
- Not a fan of spicy? Don’t add the cayenne, and cut the curry in half.
- This combination of spices works great for fish or chicken too.
- Want to make this Paleo? Use coconut oil instead of butter, and sweet potatoes instead of red.